Retirement Visa in Thailand may be obtained by anyone -regardless of nationality- 50 years of age or older having the financial capacity to settle in Thailand. This kind of visa is granted for a maximum period of one year but is extendable thereafter on a yearly basis.
You can qualify if:
or proof of on-going source of income, such as monthly pension of at least 65,000 Baht;
or a combination of both the Thai bank deposit and yearly pension income amounting to at least 800,000 Baht.
1. Passport with validity of not less than 18 months
2. Completed visa application forms
3. 3 passport-sized photos (4 x 6cm) of the applicant taken within the last six months
4. A copy of a bank statement or income letter (original) or a bank deposit plus a monthly income totaling not less than the minimum financial requirement per year.
5. Original Letter of guarantee from the bank, if a bank statement is issued.
You will have the permission to legally stay in Thailand for one year from your retirement visa approval date. However, you are strictly prohibited from having employment while on this type of visa. Furthermore, you must report to the immigration officer in your area of residence every 90 days during your stay in Thailand. During this period, you need to apply for and obtain re-entry permit (single or multiple) at the Immigration office if you wish to leave and re-enter the country. Otherwise, the permit for you to stay for the rest of the retirement visa duration will become invalid.
Our team can assist you in obtaining a Retirement Visa in Thailand. Contact us now.