Thailand Visa services

Obtain your Thailand Visa...Hassle-Free! 

Magna Carta Law Firm offers Thailand Visa services.  Whether a Business Visa, Volunteer Visa, Retirement Visa, Marriage Visa, Student or Education Visa, and Dependent Visa…Our Immigration Lawyers can HELP you! Contact us now for your Visa requirements or if you have any Immigration issues.


Business Visa Services

A foreigner must obtain a Business Visa (Non-Immigrant “B” or Non-B Visa) if employed or is conducting business in Thailand. Normally, this kind of visa is for a maximum period of one year but is extendable thereafter on a yearly basis.



  • Earn a monthly salary according to the standard income for foreigners depending on nationality;
  • Have a valid Work Permit; and
  • your employer provides updated Tax and Social Security documents.

[Read More]

retirement visa pattaya lawyer

Retirement Visa is one of the most popular Thailand Visa Services that we have successfully facilitated for our foreign clients.


This is obtainable by anyone -regardless of their nationality- 50 years of age or older having the financial capacity to settle in Thailand.


Retirement visa is usually for a maximum period of one year but is extendable thereafter on a yearly basis.

You can qualify for a Retirement Visa if:

  • You are at least 50 years of age; and

  • Have an 800,000 Baht deposit in a Thai bank for at least 3 months;

or either of the following:

  • proof of on-going source of income, such as monthly pension of at least 65,000 Baht;
  • a combination of both the Thai bank deposit and yearly pension  income amounting to at least 800,000 Baht.

[Read More]

marriage visa pattaya lawyer

A Marriage Visa (Non-Immigrant “O”) is for a foreign spouse of a Thai citizen.  This kind of visa is for a maximum period of one year but is extendable thereafter on a yearly basis.


  • Legally married to a Thai national; and

  • Have 400,000 Baht deposited in a Thai bank account for at least 3 months;


or either of the following:

  • proof of a monthly income of at least 40,000 Baht;


  • a combination of both the Thai bank deposit and proof of a yearly income amounting to at least 400,000 Baht

[Read More]

Thailand Education Visa

Education Visa or Student Visa (Non-Immigrant ED) is given to foreign applicants who want to study, do internship, or take any other educational programme in Thailand.


It is important that you consider studying in a government accredited school or university in Thailand. The school must meet the standard and all the requirements, as they will be providing you with all the documents and a proof of your enrolment. You will be required to attend classes for at least 2 hours per day, depending on your curriculum.


You may pursue your Bachelor’s Degree or Higher Education in Universities, International schools, and Colleges.


Some accredited courses that you may take up in Thailand are as follows:
  • Language
  • Martial Arts
  • Cooking
  • Thai Massage
  • Scuba Diving


You have to be aware that not all language schools in Thailand are recognized by the Ministry of Education. Make sure to thoroughly check the school background if they are registered with the ministry and if they can support your visa application.

[Read More]

Thailand Dependent Visa is obtainable by family members of foreign nationals legally working or a retiree in Thailand. The sponsor’s dependents can get this type of visa if they intend to stay with them in Thailand within the duration of the sponsor’s visa.


Who are eligible to apply for a Thailand Dependent Visa?

Immediate family members of the sponsor are eligible to apply.

  • Non-Thai spouse must have the relationship with the foreigner both by law and in effect.

  • Children, adopted children, and stepchildren must be under 20 years old, still living with the family, and not married.

  • Parents must be at least 50 years.

  • In the event of divorce between the sponsor and the spouse, the accompanying spouse’s Non-O Visa will be cancelled. Therefore, the accompanying spouse must leave Thailand immediately.

[Read More]

Thailand Investment Visa is for business people or investors who have the capacity to invest at least 10M Baht worth of real estate, deposits, or bonds in Thailand, which in return, provides the investors the right of residence or long-term stay in Thailand.

This ensures that the investment contributes to the welfare, innovation and economic development of Thailand. 

There are three different options to invest the funds:

1. Buying a condominium unit at a purchase price or rent of at least 10 Million Baht.

2. Holding the funds in a fixed deposit account at a Thai bank whose share capital is majority Thai owned.

3. Buying or holding Thai government or Thai state enterprise bonds worth at least 10 Million Baht.

[Read More]

Volunteer Visa

Foreign visitors in Thailand with a short-term visit engaging in volunteer works with local schools, orphanages, and working on religious or Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) missions has to obtain a Volunteer Visa and a work permit. It is best to discuss with the organization about getting the legal documents to avoid complications. According to Thai law, any paid or unpaid work carried out in Thailand, regardless of the duration, requires holding the correct visa and a work permit.


To formally volunteer for a longer period in Thailand, you must apply for a Non-Immigrant O Volunteer Visa. Holders of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 90 days from the date of arrival in Thailand. Extension of stay can be requested at the Immigration Bureau. 


Volunteer works can be in the form of:
  • Child care

  • Teaching

  • Medical and Healthcare Mission

  • Wildlife and Natural Conservation

  • Animal Care

  • Community Services

[Read More]