A foreign national who meets the following qualifications is eligible to apply for a Permanent Thailand Residence Permit:
1. Foreign national applicant must hold a passport of his/her current nationality. He or she must have a Non-Immigrant Visa and permission to stay in Thailand by 1 year visa extension for a total of at least 3 consecutive years up to the date of the application submission.
2. Foreign national applicant must have personal qualifications that meet one of the following categories:
the foreigner must bring in at least 10 Million Baht into Thailand to invest in a Limited or Public Company, state-issued security, state enterprise’s security or the stock market;
the foreigner must be an executive officer such as President of Committee or Committee of a juristic person registered in Thailand with a capital of at least 10 Million Baht. He should then be duly authorized as a signatory for such juristic person, up to the date of application submission, for at least 1 year. The applicant must earn at least 50,000 Baht per month for 2 consecutive years before submitting the application. Also, his work is in an area of interest to the national economy.
Alternatively, the foreigner must earn at least 80,000 Baht per month for at least 2 years, up to the date of application submission, or have been filing tax return for the amount of annual income of 100,000 Baht for at least 2 consecutive years, up to the date of application submission. Furthermore, he must have held work a permit for at least 3 consecutive years and worked with the current company for at least 1 year up to the date of application submission.
the foreigner being the spouse, parent or child of a permanent resident or a Thai citizen;
3. The applicant must reveal information on his/her income, assets, knowledge, vocational ability, and family status in terms of connection with Thai national conditions on national security or others as deem appropriate for the consideration.
4. The applicant must understand and speak the Thai language.
Foreigners who obtain Permanent Residence Permit enjoy many benefits which include the following:
Ministry of Interior announces the annual quota of foreign nationals for Residence Permit issuance in the Government Gazette each year. Applicants can submit their application until the last working day of the year. Applicants must submit the application in person with all the required documents.
1. The immigration officers will first grant the applicants 180 days extension of stay on the date of application submission. The next extension will be for 180 days until the results of the applications come out from The Immigration Commission.
2. The applicant and those involved with the applications will get an appointment card for an interview with the immigration officers. The interview includes an oral Thai language proficiency test.
3. Applicants who are 14 years old on the application submission date is subject to criminal records check according to the following: